Erica

A Much Needed Spring Break

by Erica on April 2, 2013

in Campus Community,College Life,In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

Let’s just say that last week (the week before Spring Break) was a rough one for me. However, thanks to the awesome support of the Fontbonne Community and my friends here, I have been feeling much better. And I’ve even started going to counseling sessions in Student Affairs with one of Fontbonne’s on-campus counselors to help me get to a better health & wellness state. I definitely recommend taking advantage of these services at Fontbonne if you ever think you might need it.

My Fontbonne Friends Isabella, Ariel, and I after my good little crying session. Can't keep those emotions bottled up! Seeking support is a good thing.

Since last week was so emotionally rough, Spring Break could not have come at a better time.  I only have a few days left of break, but I’ve been taking advantage of every second.

Here are a few things that I’ve been doing during my break:

I went to Kansas City with these lovely people and some other Fontbonne Students for a Service Trip through FISH.

FISH (Fontbonne In Service and Humility) is the service/volunteer organization on campus.

One of our service projects was at Harvesters, a food bank in Kansas City. We helped to sort some of the donations.

It snowed quite a bit while we were in Kansas City.

However, we made the most of the weather and hung out at the place we were staying at.

We even celebrated Nisha's birthday, a Student on the trip.

Isabella, an International Student from Taiwan, took advantage of the snow and built her first snowman!

We attempted to make a fort.

We later went to Dave & Busters to celebrate Nisha's birthday and get out of the house.

After getting back to St. Louis, I spent some time with my roommates and Jessica (a Fontbonne Commuter Student) to celebrate my roommate Emily's birthday at Build-A-Bear in the St. Louis Galleria.

Claire, one of my Fontbonne Friends and I hung out in Downtown Kirkwood, a suburb within St. Louis, and went through some of the shops.

The weather was much too beautiful not to enjoy walking outside.

We enjoyed some delicious Middle Eastern food from Ranoush.

I found this soap at a shop called Christopher's with a mustache design. (I love mustaches!)

Besides that, I’ve been trying to enjoy my break and relax, while also working on some Graduate School Applications. I think it’s been a pretty well-balanced break overall.

Here’s to the weekend!

Peace, Love, & Spring Break!