It’s Spirit Week at Fontbonne this week, so there’s many special events to attend for us students. My favorite event of the week had to be the Cardinals game this past Tuesday. Throughout the year, Fontbonne provides us with the opportunity for discounted sports tickets. We got these tickets to the first night game of the season for just $12!

Going into Tuesday, I was so looking forward to the game. I was pretty much sleeping during any “free time” in the days prior, so a night of baseball was much needed! After some stressful complications with my car (don’t ask), my roommate and I finally made it to the game.

Our seats were in right field, so we had a pretty good view of everything. I sat back, relaxed, and for the next two hours watched my favorite team win. There was even a home run by Matt Adams, just the third of his major league career. I love the atmosphere at Busch Stadium, and really enjoyed being at the game. We left during the ninth, and had just made it outside the stadium when the winning fireworks went off. It’s such a sight in downtown St. Louis!

I am lucky to go to a university that provides its students with such perks. Last night Fontbonne hosted Dueling Pianos, and that was really entertaining. Spirit Week continues tonight with a movie in the DSAC, and tomorrow the Griffin Girls are performing during the Mr. Fontbonne competition.

Thanks for reading! Until next week..