Erica

Cue the beautiful weather…

by Erica on April 8, 2013

in Campus Community,College Life,In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

I could get used to beautiful sunny weather.

As unpredictable as Midwest weather can be, I appreciate those beautiful sunny days that bring people out of the darkness to the bright outdoors.

As far as recent events go, this weekend has been delightful due to the great weather and fun outdoor events that I have been able to be a part of.

One recent event was a tailgate that we had on campus in order to pump Students up for the Men’s Lacrosse game (which we won by the way).

The tailgate featured personalized pennants that people could get.

Pennant-makers hard at work.

Fontbonne Staff Members Lisa Clanton and Janelle Densberger representing Griffin Nation.

It was fun watching the pennant-making process.

Fontbonne Students enjoying the weather and waiting for pennants.

Another recent event was the GO! St Louis Marathon. My Fontbonne Friends Marcy and Isabella, and I went last year.

Here's a picture of us cheering on runners at the event last year.

Even though I’m not a morning person, the GO! St. Louis marathon has been an event that has been worth waking up for. We post up on the Delmar Loop usually, which is around mile 20, near the end of the marathon. It’s fun interacting with the runners and rooting them on as they get closer to the finish line.

Here is Marcy, Me, and Isabella in our cheer gear this year! We're wearing black, red, and green to support our friend who dedicated his marathon partially to the people of Kenya. (Michael and I went to Kenya this past Summer with Fontbonne.)

We went to Fozzie's Sandwich Emporium near school to get some delicious food and shakes after the race.

Lovin' everyone taking advantage of the beautiful weather and the hammocks on campus in Medaille Meadow.

It’s just a shame that schoolwork has to put a damper on things, and my time enjoying the outdoor activities has to be limited. Last home stretch though…less than 40 days until I’m on Summer break and graduated!!!

Peace, Love, & Spirit!