As I may have mentioned before – or if I haven’t, I’m about to start – every year the Environmental Club puts on an “Environmental Fair” to help educate the community about various eco-friendly/green businesses and organizations in St. Louis. In the past, we’ve featured organic/local food, the Fontbonne garden, endangered animals, electronic recycling, second-hand clothing, upcycled jewelry, and lots of other cool stuff. I’m working on putting together the fair for this year, and I found a new place that I’m super excited about: Rosemary Grove.

Rosemary Grove is a store/website that focuses on selling only Fair Trade items. What does that mean? Fair Trade is a guarantee that no matter where in the world the item was produced, the workers involved got paid fairly, had good working conditions, and the planet wasn’t harmed by its production – it’s like the antithesis of a sweatshop. I’m so pleased that they will have a table at the fair!

And even better, the Environmental Club is partnering with Rosemary Grove as an “Advocate”. This means that whenever someone shops there and mentions us, we’ll get 10% of the sale, the proceeds of which we’ve decided to donate to the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Here’s a link to the website, where you can find our club on their list! http://www.rosemarygrove-online.com/pages/rg-advocates

There is also an in-store shopping event in the works for early April, so stay tuned for that as well!