Last month was my last official performance as a Fontbonne Griffin Girl!

For those of you who don’t know, Griffin Girls is the Dance Team at Fontbonne.

We mostly just perform at the halftime of the Men’s Basketball Games, but I know that the team is looking to grow by performing at other events and even going to dance conferences/conventions in the future (which I sincerely hope that they do so).

I have discussed my love for dancing in a previous blog post before, which you can read here.

However, I’d like to use this blog post to dedicate my love to the Griffin Girls, which has been such a big part of my experience here at Fontbonne.

Below are some pictures we took at our last basketball performance for the season.

Seniors on Griffin Girls (I also wish that Erica N. and Kelly could be in this picture)! I wish them all the best after graduation!

I love my team!

This is the lovely Conner, who helped me so much this school year with choreography! She is amazing!

This is the super sweet Heather, who happens to be both a Griffin Girl and a Student in one of Fontbonne's Graduate Programs! I have so much respect for her being able to do both.

This is Katelyn, currently our only Freshman on the team. I wish her all the best in her future years on the team and at Fontbonne.

This is my fellow Dancer and Senior Speech Language Pathology Friend, Lee! Our experiences go way back to Freshman Year together.

This is Shannon and she is such a star! I'm amazed by how great she is with not having as much dance technique experience as some of us.

This is Miss Kristen! She makes some of the best faces and is just super rad.

This is the fabulous Tabitha, who tries to do it all! I feel like I've been involved with so many things with her that I can't even keep count of them all. I'm amazed by how much she does, but I also hope that she finds the time to rest.

This is Adrienne! I've had the privilege of being in classes like Yoga and Psychology with her, which have been great. It's been so wonderful to be on the team with her as well.

This is Katy! She always brings so much power and energy into her performances, and I admire her for that.

This is my wonderful Coach Mandie, who has helped guide us all these years. She has basically been the team's mother and one of our biggest supporters.

I’m going to miss dancing with all of these beautiful ladies so much, and I wish all the best for them!

This is the Griffin Girls at our first performance this school year at Fontbonne's Griffinsanity Event.

Peace, Love, & Griffin Girls.

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Erica March 4, 2013 at 4:34 pm

There were other Griffin Girls who danced on the team last semester, but weren’t able to dance this semester for whatever reason. And this blog post is for them as well! :)