Conner

The Countdown

by Conner on March 4, 2013

in Academics,Career Paths,College Life,Extracurricular

I have yet to announce this in my blog, but I will be going to New York City soon! Actually, very soon, 20 days to be exact. My roommate and I are going along with other fashion merchandising student here at Fontbonne, and have been counting down since the beginning of the semester. It’s great that Fontbonne University gives us these wonderful opportunities to see and experience our major in the workforce.  It just feels like yesterday when Carly was saying to me, “57 days!”, and I would think, “Okay, I’ve got plenty of time to prepare”. I have to say it’s 20 days until NYC and I have a lot of preparing still to do.

I am an organized person, and because of my previous travels where my mom would map out everything we would do the entire trip, I feel that I have to know everything Carly and I will be doing during our massive amount of free time. We plan on visiting a lot of museums, parks, and other sights of New York. Contrary to what some might believe, we are more interested in the sights of NYC than the shopping, but will be stopping by Michael Kors’s favorite restaurant and Tim Gunn’s apartment building!

Anxiety over this encroaching deadline is taking over, but I cannot seem to find the time to research and plan our trip. I’ll be in NYC in 20 days and I couldn’t tell you the first place I was planning on going. Yikes! Twenty days is still enough to get sufficient preparation done though, and I think that 20 days from now I will be ready to be NYC bound!

I cannot wait for this trip. I have never been to New York, but have always wanted to go. The fact that I get to spend 6 days in NYC with one of my best friends is also a plus. We are going to make so many fabulous memories together exploring the city. New York City, see you in 20 days!

Until next week..