Deanna

So far, so good

by Deanna on February 6, 2013

in Academics,College Life,New & Future Students

This semester has been a bit of an adjustment for me. For the first time in my four semesters here at Fontbonne, I do not have classes all five days of the week! :) I managed to get my schedule so that I only had classes Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I like it a lot so far! It makes managing my time a lot easier. The only downside is I have my first real online class, and getting used to that has been a struggle. Because I do not actually go to a class, I tend to procrastinate on the assignments more than I should. It’s not a good habit, but I have gotten better at not procrastinating! If only I could figure out time management for this one class!

I’ve really enjoyed the first few weeks of this semester, it is less stressful (that could be because it is the first time ever that I do not have a math class…strange feeling for me!) and I really enjoy my classes. It is always a good idea to make the best out of your classes. My first class ┬áis an education class I absolutely love! The teacher is great, everyone is full of discussion, and it is a good way to start the day. My second is a literature class, and not one I enjoy, but I am lucky enough to have my best friend in the class so that makes it much better! Thirdly, is a computer class with my former adviser who is really funny, time goes by fairly quickly in class and I’ve already learned some pretty neat tricks on the computer. And on Monday nights I have an honors class about Masculinity. It is really interesting to see how society has changed the definition of masculinity through the years!

So, basically what this blog post is about: Time Management, Making the best out of the schedule you’re given, and enjoy your semesters in college :)