Jennifer

If by chance

by Jennifer on January 25, 2013

in Campus Community

It’s been awhile since I graced the pages here and had it not been for the necessary Blackboard tutorial, it might have been a little longer. Let me tell you why… Those of you who have done the tutorial already know all about the modules, but I was personally quite surprised with the second one that addressed the Sister’s of St. Joseph. I thought I was up on my Fontbonne history and knew all there was to know about the ladies who founded this great school, but I was so wrong! The fact that I didn’t know as much as I thought was humbling indeed. The thing that really got me, though, was the fact that all I didn’t know lead to a much deeper meaning behind me taking this journey at Fontbonne. “Serving the dear neighbor without distinction” has surely come to be my motto over this past year. As I dig deeper and learn more about my calling, I know that I have found a great foundation from which to branch. As I continue my studies at Fontbonne, I will seek not only to live that mission, but to learn more about the Sister of St. Joseph because I see much of them in me. It strengthens me to see all that they have accomplished and the many lives they touch. So if you by chance happen to have a moment when you are unsure or unsteady, remember our humble beginnings and rise up and be blessed!