Penny

St. Louis Thanksgiving Day Parade

by Penny on November 29, 2012

in College Life,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

Can you believe it? Almost every store closed on Thanksgiving, but there was a big annual Thanksgiving Parade in downtown St. Louis called Ameren Missouri Thanksgiving Day Parade. It is not only the Midwest’s best holiday parade, but also one of America’s best Thanksgiving Day parades.

This year is the 28th St. Louis Thanksgiving Day Parade. The parade started on November 22, at 8:45 a.m., beginning at North 4th Street and Washington Avenue, and proceeded to go downtown St. Louis. My friend and I woke up earlier to watch the parade in downtown St. Louis. We were so blessed to find a free parking space and a good position to watch the coverage of the parade.

I felt so excited because it was my first time to see a “Thanksgiving Parade.” We saw a lot of snowmen, decorated floats, Christmas balloons, marching bands, dance performances, equestrian units, carriages, and Santa Claus. There were more than one hundred other organizations and 300 volunteers to celebrate this 28th parade. All those organizations and volunteers are from the St. Louis area.

The parade finished at 11:00am. Of course, Santa gave this parade the most beautiful ending. I really loved this parade, not only because it was my first time to watch the parade on Thanksgiving Day, but I had so much fun there with my friend. I really want to say this is the best holiday parade I watched in the Midwest. Thank you, my friend, for picking me up to watch this parade together. I really loved it!