Some of you may know other than serving the purpose for me to rant and jabber on about my college experience and life in general, this blog is used to give prospective students an idea of what it’s like to be a student at Fontbonne. This blog is my way of marketing Fontbonne University, giving others insight into how wonderful it is here.

Another way I market or advertise Fontbonne is through Fontbonne Student Ambassadors (FSA). This is my first year being an ambassador for Fontbonne, and I love it. As an ambassador, I have designated time slots each week in which I’m free to give tours. The tours are my time to show the student Fontbonne’s campus, and persuade them to the best of my ability to choose Fontbonne. The tours are individual, and I think that this one-on-one activity helps in making Fontbonne the right choice. Being a part of FSA directly involves me in some students college application process, and as a result I market Fontbonne through the tours I give. FSA also helps out with open houses and group tours that take place here on campus.

Joining organizations and clubs at Fontbonne does take up “free time”, but I definitely do not regret becoming a part of FSA. I am hoping for the next few weeks “free time” will exist in my life, although I highly doubt it. At this moment it sure doesn’t. There’s just a few weeks left of first semester, and as soon as I finish one project I have to start the next. This really makes me wish I started earlier. Between classes, practices, and meetings there’s no time! I have now been reminded that it’s best to get things done early. It’ll save you a lot of time (time for sleeping!) in the end. Never will I procrastinate on a ten page Chemistry paper again, but I am right now because I have yet to begin. Yikes!

Until next week…