It’s that week…it comes every semester. I know it all too well. That week just before finals when ALL of your teachers are trying to cram everything in, they’re giving you final papers, presentations, and projects. And they all want it done in such a short amount of time. Panic week.

I decided this blog would be a good way to take a break from all the last minute work to be done and reflect on how far I’ve come this semester…So here goes nothing:

In the matter of two weeks I will be officially 3/8 done with my college career! Since I’m a math geek I have to look at it in fraction form :) And I have definitely grown over these three semesters, but I especially feel like I have this semester. I am the type of person that hates asking for help, or admitting defeat. I like to work problems out on my own and figure things out by myself. This┬ásemester┬áhas been too tough to rely only on myself. A good lesson to learn from college 101: Make friends with AT LEAST one person in each one of your classes. You need someone you can trust and rely on to give you the notes on your sick days, or your “sick” days. You need someone who you can study with, or who can help you understand the homework better. I can now say that I am friends with my entire physics class because I have sucked it up and gotten the courage to ask for their help with homework and study guides. It really can be a lot easier when explained by peers! In my Calc class I have always had friends who are willing to help, but I have a great teacher who is willing to dedicate her time to help me understand the material, and likes to see her students asking for help.

In the beginning of the semester I would just attempt all of my calculus and physics problems then turn in the homework for partial credit but now I go to my teachers and classmates for help to make sure I fully understand the material and can complete each problem before turning it in. Getting help can really boost your grade! I am glad I learned this lesson relatively early on in my college career…or at least before it was 1/2 way over

Good luck to anyone enduring panic week…and may the odds be ever in your favor for your exams!