Carlyn

Happy Thanksgiving

by Carlyn on November 19, 2012

Considering Thanksgiving is this week, I figured it was a good time to talk about food (well, I guess it always is, but especially now). I don’t consider myself a picky eater; I’m usually willing to try anything. However, there are actually a few traditional Thanksgiving foods that I’m not too crazy for. One, turkey. I like the taste, but I rarely eat meat. Two, stuffing. I’ve had some kinds that I really like, then others that are just unfortunately bad. Three, cranberry sauce. The only fruit that I don’t really care for is cranberries. Four, pumpkin pie. I used to love it until I ate any entire pie one year. I haven’t been able to eat pie since I made myself sick on it. Supposedly taste buds change every seven years, so I will probably try some again this year. I know I’m making it sound like I’m picky, but I’m not really. Thanksgiving just happens to host the few foods that I would be fine without.

Despite these food hindrances, I absolutely love Thanksgiving. It’s great to have the entire family together, especially when myself, brother, and cousins live away from home. Mine stay up super late playing games. After being up all night, my aunts sprint off to their Black Friday shopping destinations and I go to work. I look forward to next week so I can continue this Black Friday discussion… Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!