Courtney

Friendship, Friendship

by Courtney on November 10, 2012

in Academics,Campus Community,College Life

This past week was crazy. Without sounding all “whine-y and complain-y” (as my friend and fellow blogger, Carly, would say), I had a pretty rough week.  I had a physics test on Wednesday, an advanced statistics test on Thursday, and a biotech quiz on Friday.  Like I said, it was rough.

But you know what got me through it all?  Lots of highly-caffeinated tea and, of course, my friends.  My friends and I are so close that I consider us to be a big family.   And because we’re like a family, we do tend to annoy each other at times.   But I know that I can always count on them to explain a confusing concept in a well thought-through analogy or get out of bed at 7am when they don’t have class until 10 in order to help me study for my third major test of the week.  I, of course, would do the same for them.

One thing that really bothers me is the fact that people think that I don’t have the real “college experience” since I’m a commuter student.  Yes, I don’t live on campus, but I still have a bunch of friends who are like me in so many ways and who are willing to help me out in school and in everyday life.  I’m so happy that I found a school that allows me to still live at home with my “real” family and commute to a place where I can spend time with and enjoy the (usually) pleasant company of my “extended” family. 

Lucy and Ethel really make my point about the relationship that my friends and I often share.  Check out their friendship song: http://youtu.be/n_fZP_AzfAE