Feeling Political

in Faith,New & Future Students,Our Causes

This year got really nasty with comments and jabs at each side of the Presidential debate and that was just on my Facebook among various friends. This year the politics of politics took its toll on my mind and spirit. I consider myself liberal in my views and found myself being called out on several occasions by friends. The weird thing to me about this is that although I am liberal in my political views I don’t tend to tell many people about them nor talk about politics with others.

I’m content to know where I stand on various issues. Because of this I don’t feel the need to tell everyone how I feel, persuade them to feel what I do, or try to change them. I guess I’m happy to live in a country where so many views can be held and or expressed. I am thankful to the men and women who have served our country in the military to protect this right. If anything I am thankful to be friends with various people with differing opinions from my own. There is something to be said in learning from others is how I’ve always felt.

This leads me to a story about election day. I had lunch with a very conservative friend of mine that chose to talk to me about politics. I told her that she knew that I was liberal and where I stand but I am thankful that we live in the US where we both can have such differing views and be friends. She backed off and agreed she was thankful that we were friends and that no matter what our political view she was glad she knew me. Wouldn’t this be a great thought for our leaders of our country, state, and towns to have?

I know that I’m praying for our current leaders and will continue to do so in the next year as some change and others stay the same. In reality, our leader, is not a man or a woman but God and through Him all things happen. I would much rather pray that God be a part of our country and how our leaders handle things than spend time debating with one another over fine details. I pray that you will join me in the coming weeks in praying for our leaders that they be graced with God presence and work for God’s glory. Together, I pray our country takes a stand not against one another but to pray for God’s almighty presence and will to be done in our country.

Blessings on your week-

Sherry