Studying Schmudying

“How do you study?”

I’ve been asked this question a few times over the course of my higher learning journey. The answer is always, “It depends.” On what? you might ask. Well, for me, the way I study depends on the class, my mood and surroundings.

The one thing that is constant, however, is my need for silence and order. So, I don’t study well in groups. The only exception to the silence rule is music. And, like I said, depending on my mood, my studying soundtrack could vary a great deal. You might find me listening to anything from the Beastie Boys to Beethoven or Mozart to Israel Houghton.

I’m kind of all over the place, to be perfectly honest. I don’t know if that’s such a great thing. Hmm …

Don’t get me wrong! I do take homework and studying seriously. I just don’t have a specific studying style. I could probably stand to be a little more grounded when it comes to that but, what matters most is that I understand the subject matter. Excellent grades are important to me as they provide a visual representation of my effort. Studying plays a huge role in getting acceptable grades.

I wonder how my fellow Fontbonne students get their study on?

Published by

Thoughts on life at Fontbonne from former student bloggers, now alumni. Once a Griffin, always a Griffin.