This semester I have quite the heavy load! Being a math major is hard work, but at the same time a lot of my classes are really rewarding!

Right now I am in Calculus 2, Physics 1, and Honors Music course, and Philisophical Foundations of Education, as well as an Education course that meets once a week for 3 hours and we also mentor middle school students, and I have to observe in a classroom for 30 hours this semester.

Calc and Physics are a lot of work, and have been really stressing me out lately! I recently took the time to meet with my Calc teacher one-on-one just to talk about how stressed I’ve been and she was a big help to calm me down. The teachers here really do care about you! I am planning to meet with her a lot more because I just had a root canal yesterday and had been getting sick from the week leading up to the root canal because of medicines I was on and what not. And because of all that fun I got a little behind and she has been very understanding and willing to help catch me up.

Also because of my root canal, my observation schedule got a little messed up and I haven’t been able to go as much as I would have liked last week or this week, but the only reason that is stressing me out is because I am student teaching on Friday! The teacher of our EDU class is going to come in and record me teaching seventh graders math! I am nervous and excited at the same time, and depending on when you ask me I may be more nervous or more excited. Overall, this class has been very rewarding! It has certainly showed me that teaching is what I want to do, and it has been a lot of fun getting to work with kids!

My other classes aren’t very stressful at all, they just seem to be when I am stressed out about my all of my major classes. This week for my honors music class I get to go tour the Fox as well as see Les Miserables, so that should be a lot of fun!

Moral of the blog, no matter how much I get stressed, in the end it is all worth it and there is always someone there to listen and help!