Sherry

Pinterest and Prayer

by Sherry on October 11, 2012

One of the best parts of being a Fontbonne student for me as a Pathways student is that I get to make my own schedule and study hours because my classes are all online. I know this gives me the ability to work, volunteer, and be a mom to my two kiddos. It also gives me time to be artsy and have fun.

My confession to you all is that I am addicted, just a little, to Pinterest. I love to see all the fun ideas and pin them all eagerly. If only I had the wardrobe from my Fashion Passion board I would be a happy gal. At my church they were looking for small groups and leaders. My pastor’s wife approached me with the idea of having a Pinterest group and told me that she knew I could not only do it but was the one that they actually thought of when someone had asked about doing one.

So, I prayed on that for a while… can you imagine not only pinning on Pinterest but praying about it too? That sounds pretty funny, huh? Even though I put the idea of the small group on the back burner, I kept it in my mind. One night I thought, hmmm… what if I did Pinterest & Prayer. And, thus, a small group was made that night. I’m using Kay Arthur’s book, “Lord Teach Me To Pray In 28 Days,” for the Bible study portion. Then we go onto the crafty part of our group. I’ve had various friends joke with me about the small group and wonder if we were going to pray that our crafts would turn out.

I should have taken their advice and prayed for the crafts. We made pop tab bracelets last week at our first small group. One of my friends showed me how to do them, and I felt confident enough that I could show everyone… boy, was I wrong. Thank goodness one of the gals in the group is a Girl Scout leader and knew how to make them. She led the group and showed everyone how. I am thankful that everyone made a bracelet and a little ashamed that I was the only member that didn’t know how to make one. I vowed to everyone to do a pin this week that I would understand how to do.

Isn’t it that way if life sometimes? You can prep, pray, and be ready to lead only to falter, fail, and have to give up? I am so thankful for our Heavenly Father who can pick up the pieces, whether it be a pop tab bracelet gone array, finances, health or life in general. We serve a God who is always there beside us and will guide us without fail.

I will share a link for both the poptab bracelet and the pumpkins we are making this week in case you are interested and would like to know how to do either. You can look up my small group on Facebook — we have our own group site. Just request to join. Also, if you decide you want to see some artsy stuff that I’ve done, you can check out my Facebook page- Mamasunbear2. Feel free to check it out and like it if you do.

Blessings on your week- Sherry

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/upload/96053404523057692_PJZ918IP_f.jpg

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/360288038909171086_BF4kw8Zx_c.jpg