Sherry

Picture Perfect Family

by Sherry on October 19, 2012

in Career Paths,College Life,Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

My favorite photo memory from Fontbonne is a little more challenging since I’m a Pathways student up in Kansas City. The one thing that my family does each year since I entered the program is go down to Fontbonne for Christmas Around The Campus. It is truly a bonding 5 hour drive for the kiddos and I, but once we are there we’ve been made to feel right at home. What a sweet blessing for weary travelers.

Attached is my fav pic that I took last December of my kiddos. I think this represents what I have felt since I was admitted into Fontbonne- family. Even though, I’m not on campus going to class, I feel the strong ties of family at Fontbonne. Whether it be through the campus weekly mailer, a prayer request that is sent via e-mail, or the care and concern that my professors and my advisers within the Pathways program have shown me.

I would have to say that I have many great memories from Fontbonne. My son still sits with me through each and every video that I watch online. When I started he wanted to sit with me through the first one and told me, “hey, maybe I’ll learn something too”. My daughter has helped me through my IT issues and shared with me that she draws determination in school from seeing what I’m going through as an older adult. She says she is determined to make it through college no matter what.

I’m thankful for my Fontbonne family even though I have never seen or met most of you. You have shown myself and my children what strength, determination, community, and family is all about.

Blessings on your week- Sherry