Wow! What a crazy busy week it has been so far. I haven’t had a lot of free time this week, but with how much I have done I am reminded how convenient and easy it is to get things done here at Fontbonne. It is definitely a perk to be a Fontbonne Student in St. Louis!

I attended a job panel this week for the first time. The event was on campus and very beneficial. A panel of professionals from various fields answered common questions asked about applying for a job or an internship. As a sophomore, I have begun to think about these things and found their answers extremely helpful. The perk? It was just a two minute walk from my dorm in the library and I now have the “inside knowledge” for what companies look for in potential employees. Thank you Fontbonne.

Last night I attended what I think is another perk of being a Fontbonne Student; being so close to Busch Stadium. The Cardinals had another college night for yesterdays game, so tickets were available for $10. My roommate and I went to see Carpenter and the rest of the Redbirds play the Reds. Sadly, we lost, and could not celebrate right away, but the Dodgers did lose late last night. The Cardinals are now in the postseason! I cannot wait for October baseball! I am a huge Cardinals fan and last year was so much fun. 12 in ’12!

I saved three lives today by giving blood, and the perk about that was that the blood drive was right here on campus. I did not have to go far to do something that helps the lives of others. Although it did take me close to 40 minutes to give, I am glad I did. Donating blood makes me feel as if I have done something good that day and made a difference. A free t-shirt and matching arm wraps for when its over is a pretty good perk too! Oh, and the DSAC offered me free cake today for donating!

All in all, life is good for the Fontbonne Student. I am happy to be one!

Thanks for reading. Until next week…