Sean

The Best Part Of Being A Fontbonne Student

by Sean on October 10, 2012

in Campus Community,College Life,In Saint Louis

Being a student at Fontbonne University has many perks. The best perk, in my opinion, is having everything you need to be a successful student available for you within walking distance. Since Fontbonne University is a small campus, it has everything that is needed to run an institution in a just a few buildings. There are only five buildings on campus that your classes could be in if you are a native English speaker. (Fontbonne has some more class space in the St. Joseph Hall, a dormitory for all freshmen resident students, for English As A Second Language courses).

Navigating campus is so easy that it is very difficult to get lost. If you realize that you are in the wrong building for your classes, it is always going to be somewhere close. I sometimes get my schedule mixed up on some days, but fortunately, it only takes me a minute to make my way over to the correct building. Every building is labeled with a recognizable sign, so you should not have a problem identifying either of the five buildings: Ryan, East, Anheuser-Busch, Library, or Southwest. Southwest is just a little bit off the beaten path, but is still on school grounds. There is a Campus Bookstore on the first floor of the Ryan Hall that is open every day except on holidays, so it is easy to purchase something you need for class there.

If you are hungry, you can grab a quick meal at either of the dining options, Ryan Dining Hall or Griffin Grill at the Dunham Student Activity Center, that are located just behind the main part of campus. There is also a gymnasium, track, and completely-equipped work out room that you can use to let out stress. When you go on your tour around campus, you will see for yourself why being a student at a small campus is actually quite lovely.

I hope you like Fontbonne as much as I do!