It’s More Than Just Mardi Gras…

in College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

This weekend proved to be yet another filled with wonderful and exciting things!

And when I say that, I mean that it was the weekend that Environmental Club took a trip to Soulard Farmers Market. Soulard is home to one of St. Louis’ largest markets, and the selection is massive. Far from only providing fruits and veggies (which are fabulous, of course), there are also local baked goods, homemade soaps, a pet shop, eateries, and butchers. Although not all of the items sold at Soulard are strictly local, you can always find at least something.

My favorite part of the market is scoping out all the fun and unique items. Handmade pastas! Heirloom gourds! Beignets! All things you can find at Soulard. There was even a special stand that was dedicated exclusively to “St. Louis” items – things like Billy Goat chips and Super Smokers BBQ sauce. And guess what? The guy who owns it went to Fontbonne (and played soccer)! Needless to say, I had to make a purchase.

All in all, I think it was a successful trip and everyone who went enjoyed themselves. And if you didn’t go with us this weekend, you owe it to yourself to check it out!