A hobby that I’ve had since I was a wee little one is dancing. When I was in grade school, I even danced competitively.

However, in high school I had to stop competing, but I was still able to dance in my high school’s dance program.

When I was originally deciding on colleges to apply to/attend, I knew that I wanted to go to a school with some sort of dance program.

Thankfully, I found that Fontbonne had the Griffin Girls Dance Team!

Unfortunately, since I was also running on the Fontbonne Cross Country team my Freshman year, I was unable to attend the Griffin Girls tryouts that year, so I didn’t even get the chance to try out. I was pretty upset about it. HOWEVER, you can bet that I tried out the year after and was so happy to be a part of the team. And I’ve loved it ever since. We perform during the halftimes of home Basketball games and just like to have fun.

We had Griffin Girls tryouts for the 2012-2013 season today and I couldn’t be more excited about the dance team this year.

Something new this year that we’re doing is opening up our technique sessions to any student who wants to improve his/her dancing technique, which I think is really awesome and I wish we could’ve done my Freshman year! Ah well, better late than never, right?

I definitely recommend pursuing at least one hobby that you have a lot of passion for when you come to college. From my experience, it’s a great stress reliever and keeps me somewhat sane. :P

Peace, Love, & Dance!