Deanna

“Family” dinners

by Deanna on October 3, 2012

in Campus Community,College Life,In Saint Louis

In the beginning of the school year, myself and five friends decided every Tuesday night we would have “Family” dinners because all of us lowered our meal plans this year. Each week one of us prepares dinner and dessert for everyone, and we rotate turns. We do this up in the Griffins Nest on the 4th floor of Medaille. So far it has been a lot of fun, and we have had some really good meals. Family dinners are just about the only time during the week all six of us can get together and hang out. It’s a good way for all of us to catch up and while whoever is making dinner the rest of us are all working on homework up in the kitchen with them.

I am really glad we decided to have home made dinners once a week because it is a good way to try each other’s favorite foods and mix up our meals.

Tonight, my suitemate is making dinner and she is making a lot of little appetizers. There are mini pizzas, toastedĀ raviolis, meatballs, crab-ragoon, and some chips and dip as well. All of it sounds really good, but I am mostly excited for the dessert! She is making a jello cake, it’s hard to explain just how delicious it is, but I love it!