Ebony

Three Cheers for Fontbonne University

by Ebony on October 11, 2012

in Academics,Career Paths,New & Future Students

Do you know what the best thing about being a Fontbonne University student is? Personally, it is the sense of pride in knowing that I am a part of a respected institution of quality education.

I didn’t go to college right out of high school. I went into the military, instead. When I returned home, I started seriously thinking about my education. Fontbonne University was high on my list of possible schools to attend. I even set up an appointment to take a tour and speak with an academic advisor. Unfortunately, I let some negative life circumstances get the best of me, and I didn’t enroll at that time. Fast forward to several years later and here I am, in my early thirties, a mom and a Fontbonne University student after all!

So, in addition to my sense of pride, I feel accomplished. I am finally enrolled at a school I have wanted to attend for years. And, when I graduate, I can say, with a dignified smile, “I obtained my business degree from Fontbonne University.”

That means more to me than anyone will ever really know.