Carlyn

Work and Play

by Carlyn on September 25, 2012

I’ve got another busy week ahead of me, which is the way I like it. Especially when the week is spent doing things I want and choose to do.

Wednesday night, FAB (Fontbonne Activities Board) is hosting a free event at Wild Country. So, I will be line-dancing the night away in my cowgirl boots!

Thursday night there is going to be a “Meet and Mingle” event at Fontbonne. Professionals that work in the fashion industry will be here to talk about their careers and open to any questions that students may have. Although this may not seem very fun, I am looking forward to it. I am hoping to learn about more internship opportunities. Plus, it’ll be a great event for networking.

Friday and Saturday I will be working. But that’s okay, because after I get off Saturday, it will be movie night in the meadow! As part of my internship, I will be helping set up for the event. This will be the fourth time this semester that Fontbonne has played a movie outside on the giant projector. So far, we’ve watched The Hunger Games, The Avengers, and 21 Jump Street. The title for this Saturday is yet to be announced. Students had the chance to vote this time. Some of the choices were Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Little Rascals, Goonies, Lion King, Fever Pitch, etc. I would like any of them, but Monsters Inc. won my vote. I LOVE Disney Pixar films. And, the Monsters Inc. sequel is coming out June 2013, so I’m already getting pumped for that!

Have a great week. It’s important to work hard, but don’t forget to play every once and awhile too!