Hello, Fontbonne Blog Readers!

I seriously can’t believe that it’s my Senior year at Fontbonne already. It feels like just yesterday that I was writing my first blog on here.

It’s been nearly 3 weeks since the first day of classes started, and I already feel like I’ve been here for months! I’m still just as busy as ever, but I’m still excited for what this new semester will bring.

This past summer was quite lovely. I had the opportunity to go to Kenya, Africa with FISH (Fontbonne In Service and Humility) for 2 weeks where we partnered with African Impact and helped out at the Mukeu School for children with special needs. This included both helping out in the classroom and rebuilding the kitchen at the school.

We even went on an African safari in the Masai Mara!

I participated in an event called The Color Run with my fellow Fontbonne Friend Allie (who also happened to be my first roommate at Fontbonne and went on the FISH Africa Trip with me).

Allie’s family was also nice enough to take me to my first NASCAR Race where we conveniently ended up meeting racecar driver Jeff Gordon.

And one of my favorite things this Summer had to have been getting help from friends and family to raise over $500 for charity:water for my 21st birthday. Because of this money, at least 25 people in developing countries will get the access to clean water.

Other updates since the school year started:

I got to be a FOCUS (Fontbonne Orientation Committee Uniting Students) Leader for Freshman Orientation this year, which was a great experience. The Freshmen seemed to have a great time at the different activities like the Overnight Trip at Lake Williamson and the Freshmen Frenzy.

It also brought me back to my Freshman year, remembering how exciting Freshmen Orientation was and attending all of the events like the Freshmen Frenzy.

I moved into the Southwest Residence Hall this year, which is apartment-style living with 3 other roommates. I’ve loved every minute of it so far. I don’t have a meal plan anymore, but that’s no problem because we have a kitchen here where I’m learning to cook my own meals, which has been a fun learning experience.

My roommates and I even won the door decorating contest in Southwest!

Since I’m majoring in Speech-Language Pathology and minoring in Psychology, I have lots and lots of classes in those fields of study this semester. Those classes include: Audiology, Intro to Neurogenic Communication Disorders, Positive Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Biopsychology, and I even get to be in Pre-Clinic for Speech Pathology (where I get to observe and help out in speech therapy in the on-campus clinic in the 2nd floor East Building).

We had a pool party in the Meadow the other week, which was really fun.

The Meadow also has the new addition of hammocks this year, which have been more than welcomed by students.

And now I’m starting to realize how many things have happened since the semester started…wowza! I can only imagine what the rest of this year will be like…

I’m going to leave it at that for now! Until next time…

Peace, Love, & Pool Parties!