Corie

New school year, new school

by Corie on September 11, 2012

in In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

Hello, Griffins and future Griffins! My name is Corie and I am a transferred junior here at Fontbonne. I am from Plainfield, Illinois. Plainfield is about an hour south of Chicago. I usually tell people I am from Chicago because no one knows where Plainfield is located, so Chicago is easier. I like to spend time with my friends, watch reality TV and movies, surf the net, listen to some music, and the obvious shopping (when I have the money). For being a transfer student I have actually made quite a few friends. People here are incredibly nice. For the most part I see people here are very outgoing. I’m probably like most transfers, worried about making friends. Here at Fontbonne that was not a problem at all, the key is to get involved! Now you’re probably wondering: if she’s from Illinois how did she end up in Saint Louis? Well, my whole family pretty much lives here, and my cousin goes to Fontbonne as well. Actually, being here has brought me closer to my family.

Now, over the weekend was my first real baseball game. It was so much fun, I had a blast. My roommate and I went on the metro link to the stadium and enjoyed our free hot dog and drink while watching the Cardinals win. Five dollars to see a baseball game and free food; who would pass that up? I cannot wait to get tickets for the Blues games. This is a picture of my roommate and me (I am on the left), the other is the front of the stadium.