Conner

A Reintroduction and Sophomore Year

by Conner on September 12, 2012

in Academics,College Life,Extracurricular

Hello everyone! I am so excited to begin blogging again. For those of you who did not read last year, here’s a brief introduction.

I am in my second year at Fontbonne University and on my way to becoming a fashion merchandising major. Being here at Fontbonne has only increased and sparked my interest in fashion and the industry. I absolutely love it. Other little facts about me include my hobbies: reading, shopping, dancing, and adoring cats. Shopping is extremely convenient here in St. Louis with the Galleria and The Loop just minutes away, but due to my minuscule college student budget I have been forced to mainly do window shopping recently. I love to dance, and I am anxiously awaiting the tryouts for Fontbonne’s dance team, The Griffin Girls, in a couple weeks. I have danced all my life, aside from a break last year, and cannot wait to (hopefully) continue doing so this year. I am looking forward to being a part of something here at Fontbonne related to athletics. Adoring cats is another one of my lovely hobbies. I have two back at home and miss them every single day. Its hard for me not to sneak them back onto campus with me after a visit, but I will get my fill of feline attention next week here at school. The “Pet-a-Pup” event has returned and will be bringing dogs and a couple of cats to campus so that all students can de-stress with the help of animal interaction.

Speaking of stress, that brings me to my last hobby, reading. I have decided this year that I will make time at the end of each day to read what I choose to, not what is assigned in a class. I think it is important that students don’t get so wrapped up in their schoolwork that they don’t take any time for themselves. That is somewhat how last year went for me and I’m determined to de-stress and give myself a mental break before 6 or 7 hours of slumber. So far it has worked out great. I’ve been able to read books that are actually interesting to me, and it takes my mind off of anything that is bothering me that given day.

My piece of advice for this blog is to do what I’m attempting to do: Don’t get caught up in the stressful times of college 24/7. Take a minute, or thirty, to do something for yourself that you enjoy. That’s exactly what I’m doing and am loving it!

Thanks for reading!