New year, new people, new dorm, new blog post. There are lots of new things happening this year. Since I am now a sophomore, I have moved over to Medaille Hall, and no offense to The Joe, but I am liking Medaille much better! Since I am in Medaille, I have access to the Griffin’s Nest. You’re probably wondering what a Griffin’s Nest is — it is the 4th floor of Medaille, and it has a kitchen, lounge and games. It is a pretty awesome place. It is open to all students, but it much more convenient going up to it now that I live in Medaille.

My friends and I have really been taking advantage of the Griffin’s Nest. Every Tuesday we gather there and we make a homemade dinner, and we call it “Family Dinner.” ‘Cause if you can’t go home for family dinner the next best thing is to enjoy a meal with your school family. It really is a nice feeling to sit down and share a meal that you made with some friends, and it also has the perks of great dessert! :) Tonight I will be enjoying Shrimp Linguni Pasta and cookies, it sounds good just typing it. So, tonight when you sit down for dinner with your family, enjoy it! Don’t take it for granted!

See you next week,

Elizabeth