Fall is Afoot

by Alumni Posts on September 17, 2012

in College Life,In Saint Louis

The past few days have felt like heaven outside. The colder temperatures and rainy days make me so excited for fall. Although it is still technically summer until September 21, I’m already in autumn mode. There are just so many awesome things to do during fall, like apple picking, bonfires, carving pumpkins and of course, haunted houses around Halloween. And don’t get me starts on all the awesome food you can really only make when it’s colder outside, like hot chocolate, soups, and pumpkin pies.

I work at St. Louis Bread Company, and we just started selling our new fall items like the pumpkin cookies and new turkey and cranberry panini, Sonoma chicken stew and turkey harvest salad. And, my personal favorite, the pumpkin spice latte! (Which is awesome by the way, and you should try it). Oh my gosh, I fell like such a little kid. I’ll just be standing in the bakery looking at all the wonderful fall treats, and I’m doing all I can to keep myself from jumping up and down with excitement. I just want to put on my rain boots and go skipping through the pumpkin patch. (okay maybe that’s going a little too far. Ha Ha) But in all seriousness, the season change makes me super happy and excited. And with all the fun activities on campus with the dedicated semester, this year started out great.