I’m Ebony and I’m a Sushi-holic

by Alumni Posts on September 14, 2012

in Academics,College Life,Extracurricular,Organizations, Activities & Events

Well, hello everyone! I am Ebony, no stranger to the world of blogging but brand spanking new to the student blogging community here at Fontbonne University. This is an exciting opportunity and I look forward to sharing with Fontbonne’s faithful blog readers.

Now, let me tell you a little bit about myself.

First of all, I love being a student (I know. Nerd alert, right?)! I came to Fontbonne from another institution in search of a better quality business degree program. I enrolled in courses through the Options program and have been pleased with my decision ever since.

I enjoy reading good books while sipping a chai tea latte, writing poetry and working on a novel that probably should have been published years ago, movies starring Johnny Depp and sushi. Oh, how I love sushi (and Johnny)!

I am a regular on a few different blogs, including my own. I volunteer for a non-profit organization geared toward mentoring young ladies ages 8 to 18 and am an active member of my church. And, a lover of politics, I may have a slight addiction to CNN and MSNBC. I’ve really got to stop watching those channels!

Lastly, I love spending quality time with my new baby daughter, whom I affectionately call Lovebug. She was born over the summer and has completely changed my life for the better. Lovebug is barely three months old, but that didn’t stop me from lecturing her on the importance of higher learning the day I brought her with me to the main campus’ bookstore. “Someday, you’ll go to school just like Mommy,” I told her. She yawned several times during my lecture but I am certain that I got through to her! Ha!

As a writer, I strive to entertain my readers as well as provoke thought on issues that affect our individual lives. I hope that I can do this, throughout the semester, for you all! Thank you for the opportunity and I wish you all a great school year!

Ebony