Penny

Day tour in St. Louis

by Penny on September 27, 2012

in Campus Community,In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

A one-day trip is FREE in St. Louis?    What’s this for?

It’s a free one-day trip in St. Louis. Because many international students just arrived in St. Louis this year, the Fontbonne International Students Alliance (FISA) plans a day tour for students who are new in St. Louis. We had so much fun because many students have their own mother language, but we only can communicate with each other in English. It’s so interesting, isn’t it?

Last weekend, we started from Forest Park which is a really huge park. Can you believe it? It is 50% larger than Central Park in New York, so we took many pretty pictures over there. Then, we went to the old courthouse which is a really pretty building with many decorations inside. The old courthouse is a part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial, and it is just for visiting now, but it used to be used as a courthouse. It was also the largest structure in St. Louis until the Gateway Arch was built in 1965. I bet everyone knows the Gateway Arch which is the most well-know sightseeing in St. Louis. When I told my friends I study in St. Louis, they asked me: “Penny, are you in St. Louis? Oh, I know your arch and Cardinals.”  I’m so proud of our arch and cardinals, since it looks like a symbol for St. Louis.

Then, we went up to the Arch, and saw the whole view of St. Louis downtown, it’s so amazing! We saw the Mississippi River, downtown St. Louis, and cardinal’s stadium. After downtown area, we went to the West End which is a very nice neighborhood to enjoy our lunch. The last part but not the least sightseeing point we went to was the Cathedral Basilica which is the biggest and prettiest church I’ve seen.

I loved our one-day trip, since it’s really an abundant trip to make us know more about St. Louis. Thanks to Fontbonne for taking care of students so much, and also thanks to FISA for planning this trip to make everyone have a beautiful memory here.