Said Your Prayers Today?

by Alumni Posts on May 7, 2012

in Faith

Today, I was listening to the radio and heard that it is the National Day of Prayer. I find myself thinking of when to find time to pray and concentrate on God alone. But when would I not be distracted? I have an IEP to write, a couple of journal articles to read and write about, and a test. Plus, I’m helping my 12-year-old son with his unit on China, and I have to help him research and make a Jeopardy board. Then there is dinner plans because the hubby will be calling soon to find out what is for dinner…it’s like he plans the day based on what yummy concoction I will come up with. Ohh, plus there are all the errands I need to run, and those green beans aren’t going to plant themselves.

Then I hear the song, “He Is” by Mark Schultz who is singing “be still my soul and know he is.” The rest of the lyrics say, “Father, let the world just fade away. Let me feel your presence in this place Lord. I’ve never been so weary. How I need to know you’re near me. Father, let the world just fade away.”

I think that is a great jump start to finding the peace that I want so that I can pray for all my cares and concerns, those of friends and family. I have to finish this now because I am inspired to “be still” and let my soul open to the Lord in prayer.

I will be praying for each of you to make it through finals and get all those assignments in. Also, that you all find time daily to “be still” and be with the Lord.

Blessings- Sherry