Courtney

Some Final Thoughts…

by Courtney on May 11, 2012

in Academics,In Saint Louis

Wow.  I’m exactly halfway through my time at Fontbonne.  I just finished my last final this morning, and I was out the door by 10:05.  It will take me a while to realize that I’m actually on summer break, but I’m happy for my newfound freedom.

This year was definitely far more challenging than last year.  Last year, I took a lot of challenging courses – don’t get me wrong – but they were more generalized and foundational.  This year, in addition to some sophomore-, junior-, and (I’m not going to lie) senior-level biology courses, I took on the so-called biology major’s “worst nightmare” – organic chemistry.  It was definitely difficult, but it was so worth it at the same time.  I got really close to my friends in part thanks to that class, and getting through it alive has pretty much taught me that I can get through anything if I keep at it.

So what will I be doing this summer?  Well, to put it bluntly, a lot.  I will be interning at the St. Louis Science Center in the Physical Sciences Gallery.  While there, I will be presenting Amazing Science Demonstrations, which are 10-15 minute shows about different aspects of science.  This will be the perfect marriage of my two main passions in life - science and theatre!  In addition, I’ll be taking family vacations to Florida and Minnesota, and I’ll be taking a philosophy course for general education requirements.  Add in Saturday nights at The Muny and various trips to Forest Park, and there’s my summer in a nutshell.

Have a great, safe summer everyone, and I’ll see most of you again in the fall.