Deanna

End of Year Stress

by Deanna on April 24, 2012

in Academics,College Life,In Saint Louis

As we only have about two and half weeks left of this year (can’t wait to be able to say I completed my freshman year of college!), everything is beginning to pile up. Teachers are at the point where they are realizing they don’t have as much time left to teach us everything they need/want to, so they begin to add more and more and after a while you look at your Griffin Scratch and wonder, “When am I supposed to have time to do all this, eat, sleep, and still keep up hygiene and NOT go insane?!”

Okay, so not maybe everyone’s thought process, but when you work at least four nights a week like I do, it is really overwhelming when you just think about all the work that has to be done these next few weeks.

I keep telling myself that I can do this, I can get all the work done, and I will succeed and then I can enjoy summer! I have been giving myself a few little stress breaks lately that include: Ted Drewes, a St. Louis must, trips to the batting cages to relieve stress, drawing with chalk, bike riding, and walks to Concordia’s fields. Once May 14th is over, and I have freshman year under my belt, I will be a much happier, un-stressed person! I cannot wait for next year to live in Medaille and have my own room. I feel like sophomore year will just be all around better in many ways.

I needed to write this blog because sometimes just ranting about stress makes you feel a little less stressed. I apologize to anyone who read this, but thank you for helping me :)

Happy Exams, and “may the odds be ever in your favor”! (Hunger Games quote)