Student Life

in Academics,College Life

Many people can look at the life of a Fontbonne student in different ways. I for one think that my life as a Fontbonne student means family — on and off campus. In many of my classes, there have been special bonds formed, even if it’s just for a semester. The bonds between the class help us to encourage one another with instruction and support. Take, for instance, my Public  Speaking class. It is a small class, but being able to present and share a part of ourselves each week gives insight about each of us. There is some unique vibe that we all collaboratively share. When my class ends, I go home to my own family, which reminds me of why I am a Fontbonne student anyway. It is my family that I desire to share my successes and failures with because they are the most important people in my life. I am a Fontbonne student because I know that my education is worth the hard work, and I am my children’s first example in life. They watch me take care of them, maintain a household, do homework, be responsible and teach responsibility. Fontbonne is not just a part of my life, but part of my family’s life.