Allison

Rolla

by Allison on April 2, 2012

Over the weekend, I had a friend tell me that when you live simply, unexpected happiness surprises you out of nowhere. Sunday, I left everything that I really needed to do, like laundry and some reading homework, aside and jumped in the car with my friend. At that moment, I had no idea where we were going, but I started to drive. As we were headed down Big Bend, I decided to turn on to 44 West. An hour and a half later we were in Rolla. It was so nice to get away and to let all my stress go. I did accomplish one thing that has always been on my bucket list: shoot a gun. It was a 22 rifle. On my very first try, I hit one of the three cans. I had the biggest smile on my face and on the inside, I was jumping up and down dancing. I was so proud of myself. We came back a little later that night and passed out in a snap of a finger because we were so exhausted from being outside all day long. A day I will never forget.