Living Proof

in Faith

After the past few months I feel like I’m living proof that God is alive and working here on Earth. I got good test results back from my biopsies that were done during my surgery. I was able to comfort a friends and family members with the troubles and tribulations happening in their lives.

None of my experiences recently though prepped me for a call I got from a friend. She is on the east coast and had got a call that her brother passed away. I didn’t know the details but knew she was in pain and heartache. They were each other’s sounding board. Her brother was reaching out to her and was the voice that told her God was there and always has been for her. It is still hard for her to realize that God had taken him. I pray daily that her new found faith continues to grow and that she seeks God for the mercy and peace that she needs to bring her spirit comfort and strength.

I think that we are given chances daily to be part of God’s purpose and plan. We should take time daily to be with God to pray and meditate on His word. I know it is easier said than done with the busy lives that we live. I can only hope that God will help me to listen and be capable to be living proof of His love, mercy, strength, and endurance. I pray the same for you.

I think my thoughts at this time can best be summed up by a song called, Trading My Sorrows, that is performed by Travis Cottrell. The lyrics say;

“I am pressed but not crushed
Persecuted, not abandoned
Struck down, but not destroyed
I am blessed beyond curse
For His promise will endure
That His joy’s gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes in the morning”

Without a doubt I pray for God’s love, mercy, and grace to reign down on each of you.

God’s Peace- Sherry