Carly

But I’ve Got Friends that Are New Friends.

by Carly on April 12, 2012

After agreeing to work with fellow blogger Courtney on our online Organic homework that’s due tomorrow night (which I still have to finish, unfortunately), I made my way to the library computer lab where we had decided to meet. When I arrived, Courtney was nowhere in sight (she was hiding in the back corner), but blogger Elizabeth was in plain view. So I took a seat next to Elizabeth and waited for Courtney, who decided to join us at the front of the lab. Once we were all together (which doesn’t happen as often as it should, I must say!), I felt this really big rush of appreciation for my two closest friends as they began to get in a good-natured, geeky argument about what’s wrong with my left ear, which I haven’t been able to hear out of for the past week and a half. (Seriously.)

When I came to Fontbonne as a scared little freshman last year, I doubted that I would ever have any friends as close as my best friend in high school. But now that I’m finally comfortable with being in college, I’ve come to realize that I was totally irrational in thinking that way. I mean, if I tried to crack a lame chemistry joke to my old high school (excuse my term here) bestie, I’m not really sure how she would respond. So I guess what I’m getting at here is that I’m super grateful to have two really amazing best friends here at Fontbonne who laugh at my lame jokes and try to help solve any weird problems I may be having, like the insanely annoying ringing in my ear that’s causing me to toss around phrases such as, “What? You’re going to have to speak into my good ear!” with the finesse of a 90-year-old man.

Seriously, you guys are the best! And if you ever need help with a problem, know that I’m always here to lend you an ear, provided that it’s my good one, of course (another lame joke that hopefully you’re grinning from ear to ear about, right?) Okay, I’ll stop now. I have Organic homework calling my name!

Have a wonderful rest of the week, everyone!

-Carly

“Friends of Friends” by Hospitality