Allison

Easter Chaos

by Allison on April 9, 2012

I have two big reasons why I love Easter so much. Saturday we celebrate with my father’s side, and Sunday we go to my mother’s side. Easter is full of bright colors and celebration. We feast on a home-cooked meal and enjoy each other’s company. Each side of the family has well over 40 people. It is such a blessing that I am close to all of my cousins. It’s really nice to hear what they are all up to. They were my very first friends growing up, and I love how we all stay in touch. Even though I was only home for a short amount of time, I feel like I packed my schedule with various activities with my siblings. One night, my brother and I went to Walmart, and we each get three of our favorite foods. They don’t have to go with each other whatsoever, but we come home and pig out on it all while we catch up. Then my little sister and I had a blast shopping and driving around her new jeep. I love being that older sister to whom they come to for anything and everything. It felt so good when I took off for college Sunday and my brother and sister send me a loving text message saying they always miss me when I leave. Saturday and Sunday was a pure joy to see all my family that I don’t normally get to see.