Diversity University

in Campus Community,Faith

Hello FBU! One thing that is great about Fontbonne is its extreme value for diversity. In honor of Diversity Week, I enjoyed going to the interfaith panel held in the AMC hall. I can truly appreciate and respect that we all have different beliefs, cultures, and faiths. It is so important to have an open mind about otherĀ  religions. I may not agree with their dogmas, beliefs, or rituals but I can understand the passion of having a connection with a higher power. I also learned of a religion that I had never heard of before; Baha’i. I can’t really explain it but it started about a century and half ago. I will be looking it up just to get a better understanding of it. Of course, this panel was facilitated by the religions instructor, Mr. Steve Stopke. I have said it before in another post, but he is definitely a great teacher in his field, and he is part of the reason why I have a fascination about other religions besides my own (Christianity). I hope you all get a chance to experience something different or out of your comfort zone this week, because you will be glad that you did. Check out the weekly e-mails about the events and activities that FBU has going on each week, and find a way to partake in them. Have great, diverse week FBU community!