Conner

Change is Good

by Conner on April 16, 2012

in In Saint Louis,Organizations, Activities & Events

Well, this is it. There’s just four weeks left of my first year of college! I can hardly believe it. This past week was quite a busy one, with final projects being introduced and other class related things to do. SHESA (Student Human Environmental Sciences Association) is sponsoring Denim Day in a couple of weeks, and I was busy making crafts out of denim we plan on selling for donations on April 26th.

This week I did something that I haven’t done all year long. I stayed on campus Friday night. Normally, I go back home every weekend, but Saturday afternoon I attended a lecture at Washington University, and with high gas prices driving home and back didn’t seem like the right choice. It was extremely odd being in the dorms when I would normally be at home, but change is good.

The lecture I attended Saturday was titled, “Is Fashion Art?” and Valerie Steele spoke. According to my adviser, it was a “don’t miss opportunity”. I am extremely glad I went. Steele does not think fashion is art, but her lecture was very insightful about the relationship between fashion and art.

With summer on its way, Cardinals baseball has begun, and I must say I am very proud of the Redbirds so far! I look forward to going to a game at Busch Stadium in the next few weeks. I just hope no one else gets hurt. This week I watched all the games, but was disappointed the weather was so dreary for Opening Day.

I look forward to my last weeks at Fontbonne until the fall. We’ll see what next week has in store for me!