Carly

Take a Chance, Make a Choice.

by Carly on April 2, 2012

The other night I finally had the opportunity to use one of my awesome new cookbooks I got for Christmas (counting the one I got for my birthday a few weeks after the holidays, I got a total of six, I believe, and they tempt me every time I go home). Yes, I decided to bake carrot cake cupcakes the night before my second organic test of the semester for the BSO bake sale the next morning instead of studying a bunch of reactions, that, quite honestly, I was tired of reviewing anyway. While my brother and I had to modify the recipe a bit (he grated the carrots and converted the amount of carrots I needed into cups), I think it’s safe to say that they were pretty successful. Maybe not as flavorful as I was hoping, due to the aforementioned modifications, but the heavenly mascarpone and cream cheese frosting all but made up for any “missing flavor.” Apparently one of the biology teachers took all of the leftovers home!

I ended up not making it back to school that night until about midnight, and I had to hold my eyelids open the next morning while taking my test, but it was totally worth it. I’m so excited to make them again for Easter (this time going by the exact recipe!), and I’m also planning on making either homemade brownies (which I’ve been craving since I found a recipe for them on this gorgeous natural food blog) or chocolate espresso cupcakes with crème fraîche. Food is such a beautiful thing.

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Carly

“Brothers” by Tanlines