Conner

Advice From a Fontbonne Griffin

by Conner on April 9, 2012

in College Life,In Saint Louis

With Spring’s arrival and the number of weeks of college left getting smaller and smaller, I have began to reflect on how my first year at Fontbonne University has been so far, and what advice I might have to others (all you readers out there!). While at Fontbonne, I would definitely urge everyone to get out and enjoy what the city has to offer. Just yesterday I took in the various sites at Forest Park, enjoyed an afternoon snack in Central West End, and finished the afternoon at the zoo. Seizing opportunities such as this is something I would recommend to anyone. On campus, engage yourself in activities and join clubs. There is always something going on sponsored by the Fontbonne Activities Board, and meeting for clubs are held at least once a month. I try to be as involved as my class schedule allows, and have never had a bad time at any campus event. Surround yourself with good people in good places and you won’t regret your years at Fontbonne.

It has come for the time to register for Fall 2012 classes. Yikes. It’s amazing to witness how fast the time flies, and registering for classes months in advance does not make that any better. On the bright side, I am really excited about the classes I plan on taking next year. I would advise future students not to put off any class, and also to incorporate as many classes related to your major as possible. Taking Fashion Merchandising courses this year has surely kept me entertained and engaged!

I feel as though this semester has flown by! Easter break begins here Thursday, and I will be going home tomorrow. I cannot wait to spend more days at home with my family. However, this break, I will not succumb to laziness and will get some work done!