A week in St. Louis.

in Extracurricular,In Saint Louis

This has been a great week! The weather is finally starting to look like Spring, so my wife and I started off the week by going to the zoo. We visited all of our favorite animals, like the new baby lion who was chomping on a big bone. Kenzi, the baby elephant was adorable as ever. Bert, the majestic grizzly bear was out. They were throwing rolled up bread balls at Bert, and he would sit up on his hind legs and beg for them… so awesome!

Later, we visited the grave of William Clark in Bellefontaine Cemetery just off of I-70. It is one of the largest cemeteries I have ever been to.

On Friday, we went to two art openings. The Varsity Art show at Art St. Louis was great, with paintings by two Fontbonne students, Albert Kuo and Julie Deken! The other opening was the faculty show at Fontbonne! I really think every Fontbonne student should get over to the gallery and check it out!

Today we went to the Fabulous Fox theater for a taping of America’s Got Talent! We got to be in the audience and cheer for the good acts and boo the bad ones! Best of all, we got to see Howie Mandel, Sharon Osborn, and Howard Stern!

Now my wife is out latin dancing with one of her girlfriends while I am at the graduate art studios for some late night painting. I just started the final painting in a series of 12!

It has been a long, but awesome week!