Supporting My Fellow Griffins

in Campus Community,Extracurricular

Hi there!

How do I show my school spirit?  Well… I guess I show my enthusiasm for the school community mostly by supporting other groups’ events.  I’m not in every club on campus, but I end up attending lots of groups’ events because I know the people running them or I have friends in the club. It makes me feel like I’m contributing something to the group, because when I run events for CAB, I appreciate every single person who shows up. (Even though CAB’s hosted several successful events this year, I always have this irrational panic attack twenty minutes before the event starts where I start saying “Ohmygosh, what if NO ONE COMES?!?” over and over again. I’m sure it gets really annoying for the people who have to work with me.)

The point is, I try to get a little “do unto others” action going by attending other groups’ events, even if I only stay for a little while. It makes me feel like I’m doing good for the community atmosphere (but not in a way where I think I’m gracing them with my presence -  I just know that it always feels good when people show up for your event!) and if that isn’t showing school spirit, I don’t know what is!