Conner

Spring Weather, Spring Training

by Conner on March 9, 2012

in In Saint Louis

I thought I would take this week’s blog to discuss this unbelievably warm weather we are experiencing at Fontbonne. The past couple weeks have been consistently and unusually warm. Spring is on its way and one can surely tell on campus. The dull mood that occurs between the holiday season and spring has been lifted. Everyone on campus seems to be more cheerful than usual (perhaps this is because we are two weeks away from spring break). The Environmental Club is now offering bikes free to rent for students. I’ve seen a couple of people riding them around Clayton and back and it looks like so much fun! It sure would be a great way to kick off the spring season. Maybe I will rent one soon. The warm weather does not reflect on the class size though. Fontbonne students are dedicated no matter how nice it is outside and surprisingly everyone has still been in class. I cannot wait for it to get even warmer and spend my first spring at Fontbonne University! I see many trips to the zoo in my future!

Spring does not only bring warm weather but Spring Training for baseball. In the last blog I discussed the Cardinals, and here’s a little update: The Cardinals have played three games in the last three days. Many minor league, young players are being used. Lance Berkman has yet to play (he is on the lineup for tomorrow), and Freese and Holliday have only played one game. Nineteen year old Tyrell Jenkins pitched today, and I have to say I was impressed. He will surely be one to watch for the next few years. Unfortunately, we tied today and lost the previous two games. I am anxious to see how the team will play with all the veterans in the lineup. Only time will tell, but the first major league came is less than a month away! The excitement of spring continues!