Carly

I’m On a Sidewalk Safari.

by Carly on March 26, 2012

in Academics,Extracurricular

It’s spring break! Okay, technically there are only three days of it left, but still. Plus, the fact that we have only a full week of school before we get another break for Easter is preventing me from getting too depressed about the fact that our current break is almost over. Throughout the week I’ve had little moments where I thought, “Wow! It’s so great to be on summer break!” …And then I realized that although the weather made it feel somewhat like the middle of May as opposed to the middle of March, I still have an Organic test this upcoming Thursday and a bunch of major projects to work on for my Foundations in HES class. In other words, I still have six weeks or something like that before I’m home free. *Sigh.* I think I shall begin a countdown for summer as soon as I get back to school.

In other breaking news, today started off as a bad day, but ended up being quite a fantastic day in the end. Why is it that weird sicknesses tend to find you when you’re on break, but never when you want to avoid fire drill day or giving a major presentation at school? Yes, today I woke up with what I thought were major hunger pains in my stomach (you know, like when you wake up in the morning, and you haven’t eaten anything since dinner the night before and you’re so ravenous it kind of hurts a little?), only to find myself on the couch for the next two hours feeling totally nauseous and with little desire to put my morning oatmeal topped with fresh berries, nuts, and the like anywhere near my mouth. (And believe me, this is quite unusual, as oatmeal is what motivates me to get out of bed in the morning.)

Yuck. This is not supposed to happen over break.

I will spare you the details of my upset digestive system and instead simply state that my unhappy alimentary canal led me into deciding that it was probably in my best interest to skip tonight’s Andrew Bird concert at the Pageant and stay home instead.

However! I am happy to say that as of 5:30 this evening, I am now the proud owner of my super late 20th birthday gift: a 2012 Giant Avail 5 entry-level road bike.

BAM.

It’s sleek. It’s super lightweight (22 pounds). It’s aerodynamic. It makes me feel like a real cyclist (okay, not quite yet.). It more than makes up for the fact that I had to eat white bread (hello, no nutritional value!) toast as opposed to whole grain toast today as to avoid upsetting my stomach. If it weren’t dark out right now, I’d probably take it out for another spin. Yes, this gift was well worth the wait, and I can’t wait to bring it to school so I can zip around Clayton on it, pretending to be a real cyclist. I suppose that’s enough motivation to get me back to campus…

Enjoy the rest of your spring break everyone! I know I will…

-Carly

“Sidewalk Safari” by Chairlift

P.S. I love this guy this much more.