Go Purple & Gold

The question was posed, “How do you share your Fontbonne school spirit?” I knew that when I started looking into Fontbonne and the Pathways program that I would not be the typical on-campus student. In reality, I live about four hours away. What I found out is that Fontbonne’s colors were purple and gold, which are my children’s school colors for Pleasant Hill where we live. This seemed like a small sign that I would somehow fit in.

Since I live at a distance from the campus, I find the way that I show my school spirit is in that I talk with others about Fontbonne. I tell people about the Pathways program and how manageable it is for me. The Pathways program provides me the opportunity to learn from home and allows me to incorporate school into my lifestyle. The professors and advisers from the program have an excellent turn-around time when I call or email them with questions. Everyone that I’ve met at Fontbonne has been supportive and knowledgeable.

If you have been reading my blogs, you know that I recently underwent surgery and have been waiting for biopsy results. This has been a stressful time for me and my family. Last week I went to the doctor and found that the biopsies looked good… what a sweet blessing from God. I am still not healing as fast as I had hoped, but am blessed to be surrounded by a supportive family, doctor, and my adviser and current professor. I know that with all this support, I will make it through recovery and be able to continue on my educational path.

Blessings on your path -

Sherry