Meet Me In St. Louis

in In Saint Louis

When my daughter, Emily, was a little girl she loved the Wizard of Oz. Because we were so tired of seeing Dorthy daily we searched for another musical with Judy Garland. We found the movie, Meet Me in St. Louis. It deals with a St. Louis family and friends at the time when St. Louis hosted the World’s Fair. She instantly loved the movie and would sing, “meet me in St. Louie, Louie, meet me at the fair.” Because of this infatuation, we went to St. Louis for the the first time and fell in love with it.

That summer we went to St. Louis with both of our kids, my son was just 4 months old. We went to the Arch, which leaves you with a sense of awe. My son was crawling and scooting along on the carpeted sides of the observation area of the arch and looking out the windows. My hubby, who is afraid of heights, just kept repeating, “we need to get down from here.”

The other attraction that we went to was the Science Museum where the kids were free to roam with the interactive exhibits. The one place we always have wanted to visit is the St. Louis Zoo because everyone we meet that has been there tells us how awesome it is. We particularly want to go now because my son, Dale, was Marlon Perkins for his famous Missourian project and the St. Louis Zoo was where Perkins worked and thrived at.

Even though I am a Pathways student and live in the Kansas City area, we love where Fontbonne is located. We have gone to Christmas Around Campus twice and each time, we are charmed by the campus, students, and staff. Both my husband and I love the small campus feel. I appreciate the advisers and professors that are willing to help and go the extra mile for me even though I am no where near them. I can only imagine the positive energy force that lingers with each and every student that attends classes on campus.

As always I pray that God will be blessing and is leading your week.

Blessings- Sherry

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Erica March 22, 2012 at 1:48 am

Christmas Around Campus is one of my favorite events/times of the year!